Thursday, April 28, 2011

Controlling Cravings with EFT

There are numerous ways to control desires. You can:
Try to quit taking the food you desire totally (out of sight, out of mind). Adjust your eating patterns around a specific food, that is, reduce on the quantity or the frequency with which you indulge.
Use EFT to end the attachment you have to this particular food.

1. Stop Eating the Fatty Food you desire
completely doing away with the offending food is hardly ever successful. We can only limit ourselves for sometime before we go mad, devouring everything in view to compensate for the withdrawal. This also brings up deprivation and control question, which lots of people have difficulty with leftover from childhood. Wouldn’t it be great to learn to take pleasure in your favorites without being uncontrollable around them?

2. Change your Eating Habits
changing your behavior can be successful, however it can also be hard because although we desire change, it looks like notwithstanding our best attempts, we still see ourselves desiring the same things, every day. It is the "how" that brings us to a standstill. How can we alter a behavior that is a routine response? How can we quit doing what we don't crave? There are virtually thousands of diet and weight loss literatures and most don’t offer anything more helpful than the "eat less, train more" advice. If it were merely an issue of doing what we already are familiar with, there would be no obesity outbreak, but it's not that straightforward. We should know HOW.

3. Use EFT to Stop the Attachment to a Particular Food
EFT is repeatedly useful to reduce or destroy the desires. It can be your HOW. How you can eliminate the habits that you don’t want.  How you can form new healthier habits that supports what you want, as an alternative to what you don't. EFT is easy to be taught, and efficient. If up till now you don't know how to do EFT, read this concise enlightenment, then download and print the worksheets, directives and reminders all in one convenient PDF packet.

4. Don’t Talk Yourself into It
You've decided to stop nocturnal snacking, and then the voices begin, "I've been good since morning, I am entitled to a treat, just one won't kill..." You're essentially talking yourself into it, and then get up and dash to the kitchen. Most of us discover that once we consent to that voice, there's no controlling ourselves. As soon as you recognize you are doing the "talk myself into it" habit, start using EFT straight away.
Apprehending yourself in the act is not easy initially, but if you remain an open minded, you will begin to notice. Regardless of where you are or what you are doing, you can right away perform an EFT method on yourself, and obtain immediate results. You don't have to to linger until later, until the environment is precise, or until you are all by yourself or someplace you can unwind. You can do it even as you are driving; you can do it within a crowd standing on the corner. Illustrations of EFT for ending urges, initially you might observe the urge is to some extent reduced (or it could disappear entirely), but it will probably be reduced. Once you have done one round, re-gauge your craving for the food, and if it is still on the high side (more than a six), engage in an additional round of EFT immediately:

Set-up: "although I still desire a _________, I'm okay just the way I am." Reminder: "Still want to take _________." While I'm engaged in the EFT round, I might find myself having thoughts like, "It's not that I really want to finish everything, it's just that once I begin I can't discontinue" So, for the following round I'll use that statement:
Set-up: "although I can't quit eating cookies once I begin, I deeply and totally admit anyway." Say the "although" part with gusto, you truly mean it! You are all right, just the way you are. Reminder: "Can't quit" This round might make you realize, "That's a lie, I can choose the amount I want, I just don't want to stop myself," so the subsequently round might be:

Set-up: "although I don’t like to limit myself, I genuinely and totally..." or "although I don't desire to limit myself," or whatever expressions fit your situation. Reminder: "No limits" Make this process entirely yours and allows your personal reflections to direct you. Doing this will assist you uncover foundational issues and convictions you may not have recognized that existed in you.  Usually what happens with these straightforward and efficient methods is you will discontinue practicing them. Not because they are not working, but because they are. You will discontinue because in actual fact, you aren't prepared to relinquish your eating habits - you love the food, you take pleasure in the taste, the delight you gain from the taking it is superior to the delight you expect by making a modification in your lifestyle. It's like you are saying to yourself, "Screw it, I‘m non chalant. I crave it now, and I'm going to eat It." a lot like a child, you are simply indulging your immediate desire, and there is no problem with that too. Be tender with yourself. Understand you will fall into this once in a while, and come to terms with it. It doesn't mean you have failed, it only proves you are human being. Acknowledge yourself as you are. If you make a dedication to do the EFT exercises, even though don’t desire it, you will have results. In my vocation unwillingness to do something that works is the reason why people keep on looking for something new. They read new literatures, they attempt new diets (witness Atkins, now South Beach Diet), they ask one another (more often than not people with the same weight issues) what they are doing (why not enquire from someone that does not have weight issue instead?). The reason is they don't actually want to change their lifestyles; they just wish for the simple solution. Give me a drug, an easy diet, make it trouble-free for me, and I'll comply. I can stick to any plan for the temporary, shed a little weight, and then as I gain it back I can just feel guilty. It's my responsibility for discontinuing the diet. It's my slipup, for not sticking to the plan.

This is not a good way to live. Reclaim your power. You make your mind up on what you will or won't do daily.  Stop delegating that power to others - stop feeling guilty for not staying on another person’s plan, and create your own. This is the single most significant component of anyone's transformation process: recognizing what you desire for your health, your body, your life, is more essential than what you get by the immediate satisfaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home